By Official Disney Store Blogger, Sep 23, 2011 12:40 PM
Dear Disney Store Guests:
As you may be aware, our new limited edition Disney Princess Designer Doll Collection has generated a good deal of excitement. While many of you love the new dolls, you have also expressed frustration in securing your favorite Princess, and brought to our attention ways we could make the process fair for all Guests. We want you to know that we read your comments on Facebook, saw your Tweets, and our Cast Members have told us what they heard from our Guests who visited our Stores.
Quantities of these dolls are very limited, and we realize that not everyone will be able to get the doll of their choice even with a new process in place. Our aim is to increase the chances of as many of our Guests as possible to obtain the dolls that they are seeking. Therefore we have updated our release plans as follows:
- We will now release for purchase all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 10/17/11.
- We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas, the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined – the time will be released here, on the Buzz, continue to check back for updates.
- We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest. This limit applies both in-store and at Disneystore.com. NOTE: Purchasing Guests are Guests present at Store age 17 and older.
- We will implement a line queue and ticketing procedure (first come, first served) in Stores on the release date and the dolls will be sold at store opening.
- Guests that are not successful in obtaining the Princess Doll of their choice at the Stores will be able to try on 10/18/11 at Disneystore.com.
We thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We hope you have a Magical day.
Note: This information is valid at Disney Store locations in the United States and Canada, excluding Outlet locations. Due to recent openings, the following stores will NOT participate in the distribution of dolls on 10/17/11: La Plaza Mall, McAllen, TX; Westfield Galleria at Roseville, Roseville, CA; Westfield Fashion Square, Sherman Oaks, CA.